CONTACT/CHECKING CAMP (12U/Peewee/14U+/Bantam) : Last day to register is next Tuesday, August 31. We will take no add-ons after that date as this is facilitated by Francisco Hockey and they need firm numbers to execute. CLICK HERE.
FALL CAMP (all levels) : Last date to register is also Tuesday, August 31 with no add-ons taken after that date due to the need to hire coaches to execute at all levels. CLICK HERE.
10K PUCKS (all levels): Last date to report is Tuesday, August 31. Get your shots off and recorded by end of day on Tuesday. CLICK HERE.
DIBS/VOLUNTEERING (all levels but Squirt/10U In-House only and Rec League): We have tons of open dibs available on the website for those who have registered for the 2021-2022 seasons. Some of the open items are:
- On-Ice Coaches - Intro to Hockey: Execute drills and leadership under the direction of the Learn to Skate leader and Hockey Directors. Must wear helmet and skates to be on the ice. No prior hockey experience necessary. IF YOU HAVE A BANTAM OR 14U+ in our program, you are able to claim this dib and have them perform the on-ice coaching for you on this particular dib only. Claim the dib and ensure your player's name is in the "name" field. We will not be accepting skaters at any other levels.
- Senior Night Committee: Committee to plan and execute events for last-year players in the Stampede program. Event to be held towards the end of the season. BANTAM/14U+ FAMILIES PREFERRED but not required.
- Team Manager Liaison: Serve as Liaison between team managers and WFHA for FAQ. Single point of contact for all team managers at each level. Must attend one training session with this group and be able to communicate via GroupMe for this purpose throughout the season. Must have prior Team Manager experience. This is an all-season task.
CLICK HERE TO CLAIM DIBS OR FIND OUT MORE!
For those of you who are unable to perform the tasks available today, please remember that we do have the upcoming options as well:
- Team Managers (All Levels): All teams have one team manager on each team, from Termites to Bantam/14U+ (Rec league and Squirt/10U In-House excluded.) This role is the social coordinator, communicator, and team leader off of the ice for your team which is imperative to creating a team vibe for the players, coaches and parents!
- Team Schedulers (Squirt, 10U, Peewee, 12U, Bantam, 14U+): All travel teams (Squirt, 10U, Peewee, 12U, Bantam, 14U+) have a Team Scheduler who helps the team and WFHA with all of the logistics of team travel and league play (Peewee/12U and Up). This role is crucial to ensure your team has ice, refs, games, tournaments, scoresheets, etc. This is the on-ice logistic leader on your team for WFHA.
- INTEREST APPLICATIONS CAN BE SUBMITTED HERE AND ROLES WILL BE CHOSEN AFTER THE TEAMS HAVE BEEN SELECTED.
- Winter Classic : WFHA will be hosting the Winter Classic on December 30-January 2 which requires many volunteers to make the event a success. Once the details of the tournament have been finalized, we will post "dibs" for volunteers to claim to complete these tasks!
- State Tournaments: WFHA is also hosting state tournaments the first and/or second weekends in March 2022 which will require volunteers as well!