Checking & Contact Clinic will be put on by Francisco Hockey on Saturday, September 24th at Veterans Memorial Arena Off-ice video session will be held from 10:00 am-10:45am in the Vets 1 Conference Room (upstairs) with on-ice from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
OPEN TO BANTAM, 15U, PEEWEE, AND 12U ONLY!
Cost is $60 and space is limited to the first 36 skaters registered with NO WAITLIST so please register now to guarantee your spot! We can use 4 goalies for this camp as some of the drills end up with shots. Goalies are free and do not need to register. Please email Zach if you are a goalie and want to participate! email@example.com
Using our custom Contact Dummies, this is the best way to teach contact and concussion prevention in a controlled environment for a reasonable cost to the players and families.… especially when safety is a factor.
"The purpose of a body check/contact is to block the progress of the puck carrier by legally getting in their way." -USA Hockey
Just like skating, shooting and passing, contact is a skill. Our camps are designed to inform, educate and help prevent concussions with player safety as our top priority. Your player will gain confidence using their body on the ice.
• Set a positive example
• Learn what constitutes a clean hit and stress it to your child
• Reward and encourage clean play
• Communicate with coaching staff to see what you can do to help your player
• Encourage your player to participate in a checking clinic
• Maintain a low center of gravity along the boards
• Use checking as a means of gaining possession of the puck, not to intimidate an opponent
• Take the proper angle into the boards and make a quick get-away
• Respect your opponent, and NEVER check from behind
• Heads up, don’t duck